7.25.2007

the uninsured

fuck uninsured motarist [uim].

today i stopped by my parents to drop off invitations to my husband's birthday party this weekend. i wasn't in the house but 10 minutes before we got a knock at the door.

me: yes?
neighbor: i just wanted to let you know someone just hit your car.
me: what? is it bad?
neighbor: it sounded (is that a word?) bad; i just thought somone should tell you. the other neighbor girls knows who hit you, she had just gotten in their car before they hit you.
me: thank you neighbor, i am going to check it out.

i go outside to inspect the damages. lucky for me, the only visible damage was a bent license plate. i was more pissed that the little bitch hit my car and ran. the boys across the street saw the whole incident. i warned them that i would be calling the police to report a hit and run.

two minutes later i get a second knock at my mother's door.

me: yes?
neighbor boy hands me his cell phone.
uim: hi, i am the girl who hit your car, i'm sorry, i didn't mean to hit your car and run, i just thought it wasn't a big deal.
me: well, of course its some kind of a deal, you hit my car and left the scene. that is called a hit and run.

the conversation ended with her agreeing to come back and give me her insurance information. she never did. five minutes ago, i received a call on my cell phone from neighbor girl [not uim].

me: yes?
uim: hi, um, i had wanted to talk to you because, um, well, i was insured under my mother, but she stopped paying the bill, so i don't have any insurance.
me: so, this means that your driving without insurance [which annoys me even more]
uim: well, i never hit anything before. people do it all the time. i'll pay for a new license plate.
i shoot my phone a dirty look.
me: it isn't the licese plate that i am concerned about. apparently, you hit my car hard enough to bend the license plate, i need to make sure my bumper is properly attached to my vehcile.
uim: well my mom said there is nothing wrong with the car.
i shoot the phone another dirty look.
me: perhaps your mother and i should have a conversation because you don't seem to understand that you hit my car and we need to exchange some kind of information.
umi: well, i don't want to involve my mom and you can reach me via neighbor girl.

if you are not adult enought to maintain your own insurance, you should not be driving on caroads. now, should i report her to the dmv or what?

No comments: