7.23.2007

the long and hard sunday

my usual sunday begins with a breakfast (depending on what time i wake up, brunch) at lulu's cafe. after breakfast, we either spend the day at home with friends (whom i can't wait to get back after the bar exam this week!) or at the grove.

this weekend was a little off.

husband and i talked about the possiblity of catching the movie hairspray. he seemed up to it...until we got to the movie theater. while debating between 1408 and hairspray, we asked an usher for their opinion. bad move. the usher told us, "well, if you like phsycological thirllers, 1408 would be you choice. but, if you liked grese (greece? i don't know, john travolta) then you'll like hairspray". apparently, grese (greece?) is a corny musical that husband did not enjoy and he was instantly turned off at the idea of watching hairspray. so hairspray was out. 1408? that was a no too. husband assumed it wouldn't be a good "thriller" if it was rated PG. we waited about 15 minutes in the valet line...for nothing. boo.

from there we stopped at the furniture store to pick out a bedroom set. this was the first time we did home shopping without me ending up with a headache. we closed the deal and went home to see if 300 was playing on "on demand". it wasn't, so we settled for the pursuit of happiness. ugg. this movie annoyed me. i mean, don't get me wrong, it was very touching but i was still annoyed.

i feel as though chris gardner luck had rubbed off on me. after the movie, i realized that i had locked my keys in the car the day before and my husband had already left to go to some kite thing at the beach. he was very annoyed that he had to come back so that i can use his car to get my spare key from my parents. he doesn't like me driving his car and wanted me to come right back, but i didn't. my nephew wanted a pool and his mom was leaving for belize tonight, so i decided to run all my last minute errands before i returned home with his car. bad idea. three targets later and a false alarm for a dead battery later (i left the car in drive) i ended up home two hours later.

i hate when the last part of my sundays are hectic. it makes me feel as though i had no weekend at all. when you have a rough sunday evening, it cancels out all the greatness of the weekend. anyway, i have my bedroom set and boudir teasers to look forward to. gotta think positive.

now, i'm off to print up the invitations for my husband and brother's party this weekend. "i rock my hips, then wave and sip!".

No comments: