7.19.2007

taliban turns three


today begins the birthday roll in the family. today is my nephew's, birthday. tomorrow is my aunt's and saturday is mines! but today is all about my -now- three year old nephew.

although he is bad (so bad that his nickname is taliban), i miss him so much. the last time i saw him was during the easter holiday when my husband (then fiance) and friends went down for a visit.


taliban loves husband with all his little heart. husband is a notorious briber. husband bribes everyone, including myself. we went down to belize with a full sized suitcase filled with some of taliban's favorite snacks and a super sized bag of suckers. every time we left our room, husband made sure to fill his cargo pant pocket full of suckers for the children. after a few days, taliban got used to husband reaching into his pocket for a sucker. so used to it, that his two year old logic lead him to believe that all spanish men who wore cargo pants had suckers in their pockets. one evening, a cargo pant sporting man was walking down the sidewalk infront of our house. taliban leaped off of the patio, ran towards the unsuspecting man and tugged on his pocket. cute. no. bad. but i love his little bad ass.


i really wish that i could have been there to celebrate his birthday with him. rumor has it that our grandmother was planning a birthday party for him in the city, but he refuses to leave placencia. haha, taliban is a real bush boy! everyone is coaxing him to go up to the city for his little party. he has made it clear, "me no wan go da de city! me no wan cake! me no wan birthday! i wan stay right here da placencia!"


happy birthday to my bush boy!






No comments: